Join Mid City West as we help you get by bike to what may be the biggest CicLAvia ever. CicLAvia is partnering with LA Phil to celebrate the Philharmonic’s 100th birthday. The route connects the Phil’s two venues: Disney Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
Meet us at West Third Street and Gilmore Lane at 9 AM. This feeder ride will only get you to the event. Then you’ll be on your own to enjoy and return at your leisure. Please wear helmets!
More info on our facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/338751443354015/
For information on the CicLAvia event itself: https://www.laphil.com/celebratela/
Open Streets Festival
Imagine the streets of L.A. without cars. In partnership with CicLAvia and Community Arts Resources (CARS), we’re making it happen. Starting at 9am, you’ll be free to walk, run, skate, scoot, bike, and wander through the car-free streets, where six hubs will play home to performance stages, art installations, food trucks, screen printing, family-friendly activities, and more. Think of it as an eight-mile free space saved just for you!
The hubs include Walt Disney Concert Hall (Grand Ave. between 1st St. and 3rd St.), Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles in MacArthur Park (Park View St. between Wilshire Blvd. and 6th St, inside the park), Koreatown (Liberty Park at Wilshire Blvd. between Serrano Ave. and Oxford Ave.), Melrose (Melrose Ave. at N. Windsor Blvd.), Hollywood (Vine St. between Hollywood Blvd. and Yucca St.), and the Hollywood Bowl (Kagan Patio).
CicLAvia is a 501(c)3 non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
CicLAvia es una organización 501 (c) 3 sin fines de lucro que cataliza los espacios públicos vibrantes, el transporte activo y la buena salud mediante las calles libres de coches. CicLAvia interacciona con el pueblo para transformar nuestra relación con nuestras comunidades y unos con otros.
Inspired by Bogotá’s weekly ciclovía, CicLAvia temporarily closes streets to car traffic and opens them to Los Angelenos to use as a public park. Free for all, CicLAvia connects communities to each other across an expansive city, creating a safe place to bike, walk, skate, roll, and dance through Los Angeles.
- Over 1 million people have experienced CicLAvia. It’s the biggest open streets event in the USA!
- Participants represent 80% of the population of the City of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia has created over 140 miles of open streets.
- CicLAvia has been opening streets across Los Angeles county since 2010. We’ve traversed 140 miles across the The San Fernando Valley, Culver City, Venice, Mar Vista, Wilshire Blvd., Koreatown, MacArthur Park, South LA, Echo Park, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Boyle Heights, Historic Downtown, East LA, Pasadena, Pacoima, Arleta, Panorama City, and Southeast Cities.
- In 2018, CicLAvia will host the following open streets events: Heart of the Foothills, The Valley, CicLAvia x LA Phil – Celebrate LA, and Heart of LA.
- CicLAvia has five times more people using its temporary park space during event day than are using all of the other parks in the city of Los Angeles combined.
- CicLAvia has impacted local and regional transportation policy related to pedestrians and bikes.
- CicLAvia improves air quality by reducing ultrafine particles in the air by over 20 percent.