***COVID-19 OPERATING CONDITIONS (updated 7/1/2020)***
Until further notice, MCW is conducting all of its meetings telephonically and electronically via ZOOM. As such disregard mentions of physical locations for meetings in the standard text below.
***Standing Zoom Meeting Log-in Information***
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Topic: Mid City West Planning and Land Use Committee Monthly Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,93176242537# or +13462487799,,93176242537#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0276 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0282 (Toll Free) or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 931 7624 2537
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aUp1ec6P
The Planning and Land Use Committee (PLUC) reviews and recommends action regarding development projects and projects requiring land use permits within our neighborhood council’s boundaries and advocates positions on citywide plans and land use policy, specific plans and overlay zones, and land use and building design for the betterment of the community. For the 2019-2021 term, Conditional Use Permits will be handled by the Streetscape and Commercial Committee.
The Los Angeles Department of City Planning recently created a website showing new planning applications (which includes both Conditional Use Permits). Please find the address here: https://planning.lacity.org/NewCaseFilings.html
2019-2021 Planning & Land Use Committee Members
(Email all committee members below: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mehmet Berker, Chair (email@example.com)
Lauren Borchard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Isack Fadlon (email@example.com)
Adam Gerber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vilma Hurtado (email@example.com)
Terence Mylonas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Roque Wicker (email@example.com)
PLUC normally meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. The location is, unless otherwise noted, the National Council of Jewish Women Auditorium (543 N. Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036). The current schedule for PLUC meetings for 2020 is below:
- January 21 (2020)
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes, and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15H3O-xqOxG_vq9fgBvhD6RlQeuoLj-9n?usp=sharing
- February 18
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes, and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qJI2Rn9tpHYiX-aN0quNlajrqKpYUCQp?usp=sharing
- March – CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- April – CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- May – CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- June 16
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/eE6n0ihjyRxX4V8tzA82_aiUxXXlw20QObPcrbCWLhXmrWm263tmAOWq79uRIc_k.XIY6DRaezLZW1bur
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OyxySkvFUzWzweWrECaLHextxpQ7hoDn?usp=sharing
- July 21
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://zoom.us/rec/share/ufFWJu703zhJGKfktxrYYZcMAaPJX6a8gHMeqKUPzEdzdPGDUMwtAUkLKW87hbQb
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-FajKZJizFCwG0vzuk1OXxps9jv3inOM?usp=sharing
- August 18
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://zoom.us/rec/share/u_J3L5787TlIGq-c12bZeq8oL5vuaaa80yNLrvBbzUkL9M_Gq7nRLrK8DMWQ23MV
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15qpP9aIk-y0EoeZu2nHRpXngTMFco81l?usp=sharing
- September 15
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://zoom.us/rec/share/xaptL5pOBA1hS-MOyJiSvW7dtYW_7EB9FV2jNG_SGDHzaNqP4QWBzpWxkz6-okqK.Zkywo64FjIxiTBp4
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sRtYbNEnHepYnZAaHc9gESe-lTjjkkwN?usp=sharing
- October 20
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/w4Ceo45ksoKMBfaiW7ZspRgv2uyl5iW2rWJ9bN_bFWLigrpwQjr7EEcTNi7CPMXh.I45bRpLbN9EKdJC6
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/w4Ceo45ksoKMBfaiW7ZspRgv2uyl5iW2rWJ9bN_bFWLigrpwQjr7EEcTNi7CPMXh.I45bRpLbN9EKdJC6
- November 17
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/R85K4TB_fG8-5B2fLOJ7eVU3Bvs1Us2nST0kgfYbQE3zlVBQDJfctPj6DA8qN4N_.IkfglUBB_brK6WAR
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aXBIDzL13ZGEQ1ZfePHYWCH4bD8GiVVG?usp=sharing
- December 22, 2020
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/uhkWOVDXQiMjPZdjqleKByUtxAUnAAEXZbeTjjRFYlf6ZPzXhrZVdzF2tLC063Gx.vZhkTRhbopAD-Q8J
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FJb9G7hgyoH63r_rXWWQqlX4VfIiG3ZP?usp=sharing
- January 19, 2021
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/PdEvlH0bJL1-o6SO5GrsbinlMSeRgRJUM2Z8MwWTHhKqyIjLFnQ2g9Hu7iRI4CPD.1ex5G74-FilCQuXI
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XmhQ5LqkWQE9u7oGDt1wBHsgT0ApPW7J?usp=sharing
- February 23, 2021
- ZOOM meeting recording: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/LpSX0WQbVLmzPuDkGuHywWb-veXYSBX-s4OVB6TIKS_TdoJ7J6qrBsece-OxYzvL.fB26y6AY6PI1Eo_O
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes and Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gZXlauvt1mSgKUED1kuUgemqu_BRCh5F?usp=sharing
Some meetings may be held at various locations throughout the MCWCC community. Search for upcoming meeting agenda as well as past meeting agenda and minutes below.
Can’t make the meeting? Here’s how you can have your voice heard.
1) Attend the monthly Planning and Land Use Committee meeting where the property you are interested in is being heard. The committee meets at 6:30 p.m. and the location depends on the expected size of the meeting and other factors. Click on the agenda for each meeting below for specific details.
2) Attend the monthly Mid City West general board meeting, the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the National Council of Jewish Women Auditorium (543 N. Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036). You can submit a public speaker card to speak when the board is hearing the property you are interested in.
3) If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can email your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) You can also attend the City Planning Department’s hearing relating to the project. You can find information of when and where the hearing will take place at: http://cityplanning.lacity.org/
Use the case number for the particular project (which can be found in our agendas) to search for information on the hearing date and contact information for the assigned planning department representative. Hearings are usually held at City Hall.
Upcoming Committee Meeting Agenda & Related Documents
See the agenda and related documents for our upcoming meeting(s) below. Agendas, minutes and related documents are organized by meeting date if there are multiple upcoming meetings.
Archived Agendas, Minutes & Related Documents and MCW Letters
For older agendas, minutes and documents, double click on any folder below sorted by year. A new window will open showing all meetings for that year.